Warm up the video recording devices! Later today on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) they'll be airing a movie I once caught on late night TV back in the 1980's. It stars Liberace and is pretty incredible for a multitude of reasons. Unless I was having some kind of weird, drug and alcohol fueled 'vision' (entirely possible btw) I believe there's a scene where William Demarest gives Liberace a sponge bath! This one has it all! It's an amazing 'camp' classic!
You can check out clips here:
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/478793/Sincerely-Yours-Movie-Clip-Is-Anything-Wrong-.html
SINCERELY YOURS (1955)
TCM 3/7/12 @ 12:15pm
"Zwolenski speaks!"
For some strange reason I feel oddly drawn toward this. On the other hand, the thought of watching Demarest giving Liberace a sponge bath totally creeps me out.
ReplyDeleteThe thought of William Demarest, "Uncle Charlie", on the show, My Three Sons, giving anybody a sponge bath sounds like something out of "The Twilight Zone".
ReplyDelete