(I also included a filtered version in this one since there was some surface noise going on...btw check out what the last track is listed as...I guess it was before Sir Paul came up with the final title...w/ a little help from John - no pun intended.)
Wow, RM, you're really spoiling us this week. I agree with Iggy, I didn't care for most instrumental covers of Beatles music at all until I listened to one of these I found in a Goodwill about twenty years ago.
One more note for Beatles cover fans. My all-time favorite is "Beatle Country" by the Charles River Valley Boys on Elektra. Naturally, it's not "country" at all; it's pure and wonderful bluegrass. The only tune they "goof" with is "Yeller Submarine" - the rest they play straight and reveal Lennon/McCartney as great bluegrass writers. Hope you can find it someday.
lp rip @320 w/ART!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/?x4psnbil6nptca9
(I also included a filtered version in this one since there was some surface noise going on...btw check out what the last track is listed as...I guess it was before Sir Paul came up with the final title...w/ a little help from John - no pun intended.)
These George Martin records are actually pretty good. Unfortunately, I didn't like them back in 1965...probably because my parents did!--Bill
ReplyDeleteThanks Rocket. George was a remarkable part of the Beatles success, and is rarely given enough credit. Also true of Brian. Good stuff!
ReplyDeleteYggi
I've been looking for more George Martin/UA releases since One Way released the 2 Martin albums on CD 20 years ago.
ReplyDeleteThank!
ReplyDeleteWow, RM, you're really spoiling us this week. I agree with Iggy, I didn't care for most instrumental covers of Beatles music at all until I listened to one of these I found in a Goodwill about twenty years ago.
ReplyDeleteThanks again, RM!
One more note for Beatles cover fans. My all-time favorite is "Beatle Country" by the Charles River Valley Boys on Elektra. Naturally, it's not "country" at all; it's pure and wonderful bluegrass. The only tune they "goof" with is "Yeller Submarine" - the rest they play straight and reveal Lennon/McCartney as great bluegrass writers. Hope you can find it someday.
ReplyDeleteBest to everybody,
Yggi
Hi Rocket, Thanks for this great George Martin - Beatles album.
ReplyDelete