I started buying these when they came out in the early '70s. At a time when I concentrated on cutouts, these were always bought new, full price. I have all 13 or 14 albums and they are all terrific. They introduced me to Korngold, Tiomkin and many others. Now available again after almost 40 years.
Hi vilstef - I just downloaded the lp and it's there...track 17. Maybe it has something to do with the super long title I had given it and it's a mac/pc thing...anyway I've reuploaded JUST that track and you can get it here:
Is there a site where I can find the Classic Film Score series (original CD releases?)
I purchased all the LP's back in the early 70's. And as good as my Lp surfaces are, it would be nice to have "clean" versions (I found Bogart, Captain and Sunset..and now Spectacular.)
lp rip @320 w/ART!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/?4e0tj9b877vv4ai
(and JUST for GSW it also includes the booklet/interview w/ Charles Gerhardt)
p.s. The recreation of the Dimitri Tiomkin Suite from The Thing is absolutely brilliant!
Rocket thank you so much for this and the cover and booklet scans too. It has been a long time since I saw this LP.
ReplyDeleteI started buying these when they came out in the early '70s. At a time when I concentrated on cutouts, these were always bought new,
ReplyDeletefull price. I have all 13 or 14 albums and they are all terrific. They introduced me to Korngold, Tiomkin and many others. Now available again after almost 40 years.
I looked over the back cover and the actual download, what happened to The Thing (From Another World) Suite?
ReplyDeleteHi vilstef - I just downloaded the lp and it's there...track 17. Maybe it has something to do with the super long title I had given it and it's a mac/pc thing...anyway I've reuploaded JUST that track and you can get it here:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/?6jvmfr90v7cocsh
(I hope it works for you this time)
Many thanks, RFM! Before reading your blog, I hadn't known Ennio Morricone had scored The Thing remake. Having both is a big bonus. :)
ReplyDeleteCool - have not encountered this before!
ReplyDeleteHave long wanted this digitised as my turntable is no more. You have answered my prayers! For which many thanks.
ReplyDeleteHi Rocket,
ReplyDeleteCan you please re-up this one?
The link is no longer valid for me.
Thanks!
@ Carl F - hmmmm...try this:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mediafire.com/?tw8luu9prbdbs6v
(I had posted this earlier. It mysteriously disappeared. I wonder what's going on?)
Thank You....Rocket!
ReplyDeleteIs there a site where I can find the Classic Film Score series (original CD releases?)
I purchased all the LP's back in the early 70's.
And as good as my Lp surfaces are, it would be nice to have "clean" versions (I found Bogart, Captain and Sunset..and now Spectacular.)
Thanks!!!!
Thank you for sharing this fantastic album.
ReplyDelete